Hey everybody! Longtime no posting, I had a lot of exam to write but I’m back!
I did this burger quite some time ago after being inspired during a Mexican dinner with some friends.
You can make it with chicken mince or a chicken breast, and you can even add some sour cream.
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it 😉
For 2 burgers:
- Burger buns
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1 small onion or a shallot
- 100gr of black beans
- Half a lemon or lime
- Some lettuce
- 300gr of chicken mince or 2 chicken breasts
- Paprika (normal and smoked if you have)
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Optional: One big teaspoon of sour cream
- First mix one teaspoon of each spice together
- Dice thinly the onion (or shallot) and the tomato and mix them both with the juice of half a lemon (or lime). That makes a very simple salsa.
- Transform the beans in a paste by using a food processor or a pestle and mortar.
- Mash the avocado.
- Form patties from your chicken mince or butterfly the breasts.
- Cook your chicken on medium-high heat in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Toast your buns.
- When the chicken is golden brown, add a dash of water and the spices and toss the chicken in those spices. As soon as the chicken is nicely covered with spices remove it from the heat. Otherwise the spices will burn.
- Finally build your burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Beans paste
- Optional: Sour cream
- Chicken in spices
- Mashed avocado
- Top bun
Bon appétit! =D