I finally managed to do THE crispy chicken wings that I wanted for a few month. I adapted the usual recipe with my little touch and it was awesome.
- 6 chicken wings
- Buttermilk (or milk)
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons of corn flour
- Chili powder
- Pepper / salt
- Cut in two the room temperature chicken wings.
- Put them in a bowl and pour enough buttermilk to nearly cover the wings, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together the two flours and one teaspoons of each spice.
- Warm up your oil to 190°C (375°F).
- When the oil is ready and the wings are marinated, take the wings one by one out of the buttermilk and put them in the flour mix, pat them slightly to remove excess flour and put them in the oil. Do it by small batch to keep the oil at a good temperature.
- When it is golden-brown, remove the chicken wings out of the oil and put them on some fat absorbant towels.
- It ready!
Bon appétit 😉