I wanted to do something slightly different from the classic burger and I noticed that we had some Jalapeño and a little bit of Okonomyiaki sauce so created a new awesome burger.
You can also use a veggie patty instead of meat.
Ingredients for one burger
- Burger buns
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 1/8 of a Jalapeño (depending how hot you want it)
- 1 gherkin
- 5 cm piece of green onion
- 150 gr of beef mince ( or beef/pork mix)
- 1 tablespoon of Okonomyiaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 cherry tomato
- 1/4 of a red onion
- 1 cheddar slice
- Dice thinly the Jalapeño, gherkin and green onion.
- Mix all of it with mayonnaise. That makes your “Jalapenõnnaise”.
- Mix the barbecue and Okonomyiaki sauce together.
- Slice the onion and tomato.
- Form your patty, put some salt and pepper on it.
- Toast the buns.
- Cook it on high heat on both side until it gets golden brown.
- Put the barbecue/okonomyiaki sauce on it and caramelize it.
- Finally add the cheddar and cover it so it melts.
- Build the burger (bottom to top):
- Bottom bun.
- Onion slices.
- Tomato slices.
- Top bun.