So lately I feel like having burgers – most precisely like experimenting with burgers.
I decided to try to do my first fish burger but I wanted it to have some freshness.
This recipe is the one I tried and the elements in brackets are what I think need to be done to improve it.
Ingredients for one burger:
- 200 gr of salmon
- A quarter of lemon
- Chili flakes
- Italian herbs
- Sour cream
- Burger buns
- Salt and pepper
- [Philadelphia cheese]
- Start with the patty: Mince roughly the salmon with a knife (you can use a food processor if you prefer).
- Mix it with the juice of a quarter of lemon, some chili flakes, some Italian herbs and some salt and pepper.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cut thinly the peeled cucumber. [Dice the avocado.]
- Mix the cucumber, [the avocado,], a tablespoon of sour cream, [a tablespoon of Philadelphia cheese], some Italian herbs, some pepper and some paprika.
- Slice some lettuce.
- Toast the buns.
- Form a patty from the salmon mix and put it in a preheated pan with some olive oil on high heat.
- When both sides are golden brown, reduce the heat to medium low, add a dash of water and cover. This way the patty will be steamed and juicy.
- Finally build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom bun
- Top bun
You can actually let the patty cool down to make the burger more refreshing.