Ingredients for 6 beliach:
- 250-300 gr of pork minced meat
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 10 gr of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 250-300 gr of flour
Let’s start with the dough:
- In a salad bowl, mix the yeast with 10 cl of water until the dissolution of the yeast.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil, the egg, teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of salt.
- Add 250-300 gr of flour and mix it.
- Let the dough rest while you prepare the meat.
For the meat:
- Mince the onion and mix it with the minced meat.
- Add the spices you like. For me it is: pepper, chili powder and paprika.
- Add a tablespoon of water. This way the meat will be more juicy.
- Put some flour on a table and put the dough on it.
- Cut the dough and the meat in 6 parts.
- Make kind of crepes from the dough, put some meat in the middle, and close the dough on the meat but keep a hole on one of the side. Personally, I compress it when it is closed so it’s thinner.
- In a pan, heat up some oil.
- Put the beliachis in the pan, on the side with the hole first.
- As soon as it is gold and brown, turn them and reduce the heat by one third to let the meat cook properly. Try to turn them only once, so they stay juicy.
It is very nice with some ketchup or some adjika (a caucasian sauce).