For most of my burgers, all the quantities depend of everybody’s tastes. So I will try to give you a general recipe with some other possibilities in the brackets.
Ingredients for 2 burgers:
- 300 gr of minced chicken meat ( or 220 if you want thinnier and crispier patties)
- 1 egg
- Some bread crumbs (I love the Panko one, that makes the patty crispier)
- 1 onion
- 2 burger rolls
- 1 tomato
- 2 lettuce leaves (I usually use the iceberg one)
- 4 burger cheeses
- Some mayonnaise
- Some curry (normal and/or hot one depending of the tastes)
- Some chives
- Other possible ingredients:
- Red curry paste
- Chili peppers
- Toast or grill the burgers rolls.
- Mince the onion and mix with two tablespoons of mayonnaise and a little bit of chive.
- Cut the tomato in thin slices and the lettuce in thin strips.
- Mix two tablespoons of mayonnaise with curry (normal and/or hot).
- (Mix the minced meat with some red curry paste and chili for a spicier version).
Separate the minced meat in two. To have good patties, beat the meat. Personally, I first compress the patty, then I “throw” it from one hand to another (a little bit like a baseball player throwing a ball in his glove). Thanks to that, the patty will be smoother and will have a better resistance in the pan – will not easily fall apart.
- Heat up some oil in a pan.
- In a bowl, break the egg and mix the yellow and the white parts. In another bowl, put the bread crumbs.
- Put the patty in the egg, then in the bread crumbs and put it on the pan.
- As soon as one of the side is gold and brown, reduce the heat by half and turn the patties.
- When the patties are ready, you can build the burger (from bottom to top):
- Bottom part of burger roll
- Onion-mayonnaise-chive sauce
- Curry sauce
- Top part of burger roll.